Our Shell Mold foundry pours many grades of carbon and stainless steels. This process is well suited for medium to higher volume production, but we can also do the lower volumes as well. The shell mold process offers tolerances as close as +/- .030 per inch with excellent dimensional repeatability ensuring consistency from one order to the next.
Shell Molds have a superior surface finish and outstanding dimensional integrity. If you are running that large production run this process can offer significant cost savings. Our main goal is to provide a high quality casting while keeping expensive machining at a minimum, or even eliminating it completely.
Rule of Thumb: “If it can be a shell mold, It should be a shell mold.”
Our Shell Molding Capabilities Include:
- 3-D Simulation Software
- In-house X-Ray
- Advance Quality and Delivery Programs
- Complete High Tech Machining Facility
- Customer “First” Attitude in everything we do
- Consistently ship orders with shortest lead times in industry
- Certified ISO 9001 :2008 – ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2008
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC 712, Annex I, Paragraph 4.3
- We do not use or purchase any “conflict minerals” to include Cassiterite, Coltan, Tungsten, Tantalum, Tin, Wolframite and Gold from the DRC area.
Utilize our airset molding line to produce low quantity production runs with medium tolerances of +/- .060 per inch. It is also beneficial for providing quick prototypes before a shell pattern is produced.
Shell Core Equipment
Advantages of Shell Molding
- Improved flexibility in design and good surface quality.
- Less manpower and molding skill requirements.
- Less foundry space required.
- Able to achieve thin wall and produce more complex castings.
- Very good rough casting dimensional precision.
For more information, request a quote or contact us.