Die casting is a unique process in which we force molten metal under high pressure into a mold cavity. The mold us usually from two hardened steel dies that have been machined into the desired shape. It is very similar to plastic injection molding process.
Most die castings are made from non-ferrous metals like copper, magnesium, zinc and aluminum. We specialize in aluminum alloy.
Die Casting will provide a very good surface finish and dimensional consistency. The tooling is usually a large capital cost and is most suited to large volume projects.
We have established partnerships with leading tooling manufacturers both domestically and internationally to provide our customers with solutions to best meet their needs.
Our international tooling program consists of factory direct relationships and domestic resources on the ground to oversee every aspect of design and manufacture.
Benefits of Die Casting
- The die casting process provides a definite cost advantage over the sand and permanent mold process and investment castings. There is no other mass production technique which can deliver such a wide range of complex metallic shapes within such close tolerances. Excellent dimensional stability and repeatability is a significant benefit of this process as casting geometry can be very complex with thin wall features as thin as .060”.
- Typically, the more complex the shape, the greater the potential benefit from die casting. Size limitation is driven only by the press tonnage. Very large castings weighing several pounds may require as few as 3 minutes to cast, demonstrating that the die casting process is the fastest process available for the manufacture of precision non-ferrous metal parts. Although Aluminum and Zinc are normally the most sought after materials, magnesium, copper, lead and tin are also materials die cast.
- Most often, the more complex part design, the greater the cost saving, as die castings will often eliminate many secondary operations required to complete a machined component.
Our Die Casting Capabilities
- Small tonnage machines to 400 Ton
- Tooling and Machining Facility
400 to 900 Ton Casting Production
- 7 – 600 Ton Die Cast Cells with Dedicated Furnace Trim
- 2 – 700 Ton Die Cast Cells with Dedicated Furnace Trim
- 2 – 900 Ton Die Cast Cells with Dedicated Furnace Trim
- Dedicated Machining Equipment
- Full Internal and External Tool Support
- Pre-Production design assistance, prototype production, prototype tooling
Certificate of Registration
ISO 9001 : 2008
Electric Motors – Appliance – Small Engine – Power Tools – Commercial Vehicle
Primarily in non-automotive commercial and industrial markets. We are the right size to be agile and responsive and we have established processes to support the largest world-class organizations.